Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Letter To Him

What did I say to make you act like this? Did I scare you off when I told you how I felt? I've realized now that you can't expect all people to feel the way you want them to. No matter how hard you try you can't be in control of other people and their emotions. I know I'm not like her, but you can't expect me to change for one person, no matter how much they mean to me...now. What happens when I don't care as much for you? I will never be able to change back to the person I once was, I would forever be changed. I don’t understand why I’m not good enough for you, we both love a good laugh. If the only reason that you don’t care about me is because I can’t do what she does for you, then I will forget about you and the feeling of swelling happiness I get whenever I hear your name, or the pain I feel when it is another girl mentioning it. When two people are together, the reason should be nothing other than because you enjoy each other’s company, and if one person does not feel the same way, there is no point. Just promise me one thing, when I forget you and move on, please, don’t make this any harder for me. I just don’t think I could handle having to stare into your eyes and act like everything is okay, when in reality, it’s not. I’m sure that the hurt in my eyes will give me away when you see me next, but know that the hurt will probably be visible on my entire face. Although you will never read this letter, my love for you will always have a burning spot in my wounded heart.

5 comments:

  1. Mikki, I love the amount of emotion you put into your writing, I always know it's you! Most people don't like writing about sad topics, but you're great at it. Next time, you might want to add some more vocabulary, but I personally think it's fine like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is especially moving. I think the amount of drama you put into it is very realistic to the situation. Who hasn't had these sort of feelings? And if you never had, eventually you will. We all do. That means you're writing to the human condition, which is also excellent. I would consider working on the first jhalf to allow the paragraphing and dialog to break out and help the reader follow the piece. Also, what was the motivation behind this? It would be cool, if you could, to share what drove you to write about htis, unless it's personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Twin! Nice piece of writing. It was very moving and fun to read. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mikki! This is amazing! I like it how you put a lot of emotion into it! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mikki this is soo good! It really showed a lot of emotion in the piece. Excellent Job!!

    ReplyDelete